1. The College council shall consist of the Principal and Heads of the Department of each subject of study, two persons elected from the staff members, Librarian of the General Library and the Ministerial Head of Administrative Staff of the College Office.
2. The Principal shall be the ex-officio President of the Council. The council shall appoint one of the members as the Secretary and the member so appointed shall hold office for one year, but shall be eligible for re-election.
3. The general administration of the college shall vest in the Principal subject to the control of the Director of Collegiate Education. Some of the general administrative work of the College may be distributed by the Principal among the members of Council to be done under the general supervision of the Principal e.g. Library, Athletics, Maintenance of Building and the ground etc.
4. The Council is empowered to consider and report of any question concerning accommodation, course of instruction, or rules of discipline referred to it by the Principal but is shall not interface in any manner with the general administration of the college which is vested in the Principal acting under the orders of the Director of Collegiate Education.
5. All questions of promotion, term certificates and scholarships shall ordinarily be decided by the Council.
6. All cases of serious misconduct on the part of students involving loss of their term certificates or their removal or expulsion from the College shall be dealt with by the Principal, ordinarily in consultation with the College Council.
7. Meeting of the Council shall be convened at such time as the Principal may consider necessary. He shall also convene a meeting when required to do so by the Director of Collegiate Education or on the written requisition of not less than two third of the members.
8. Not less than three day’s notice of a meeting shall ordinarily be given to each member. The notice ordinarily be accompanied by the agenda.
9. It shall be the duty of the Secretary to give notice of the meeting of the Council, to keep a record of the proceedings of such meeting and to forward to the Director of Collegiate Education through the Principal a copy of the proceedings of each meeting.
10. The Principal or in his absence, the Vice Principal shall take the Chair at all meeting of the Council.
11. Not less than majority of the members shall form the quorum and all questions shall be decided by a majority of the votes of members present. If the votes including the vote of the chairman are equally divided, the Chairman shall have a casting vote. The Principal may over rule the decision of the College Council, but in such case he shall make a report to the Director of Collegiate Education setting forth the reason for doing so.
12. The chairman shall be the sole judge of any point of order. He may call any member to order and shall have power to take any action as may be necessary to enforce his decision.
13. The Budget shall be framed by the Principal in consultation with the members of the Council and forward to the Director of Collegiate Education.
14. Notwithstanding anything contained in the foregoing rules it shall be competent to the Principal to dispose of any matter which should ordinarily be disposed by the Council.
Members of College Council
||Augustine N J
||HoD, Physical Education
||Anoop K Mathew
||Shaji C V